Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Long Overdue Goals List

100+ Goals for 2010

It's so easy to get caught up with what's going on RIGHT NOW, that sometimes you have to stop and make sure to take care of the basics. So before I get into a lot of the stuff I've really been delving into, like the argument of nature vs. nurture, impact of environment, and my general amazement at inter-connectedness, at some point I wanted to share my long list of goals or things I'd like to do for 2010, especially since some of these things are accomplishments I've already done.

Some of these are going to seem strange, and if I explained each one individually the post would grow too long for anyone to finish. So this list is a combination of goals, things that simply need attending to (like medical), and a lot of odd and end stuff that either has an odd story with me, a personal meaning, or simply makes sense based on my life priorities. For example, I have a lot of individual states listed that I want to visit. This is because I've always wanted to visit all 50 states by the time I was 30. It occurs to me now that I'm not sure if this meant by my 30th birthday, or until the end of the 2011 when I turn 31. It feels like I meant the second, but hey, mine as well take a run at all the states.

And some of these will be "in code" because I have a lot of ideas and you simply can't copyright ideas, so they're coded so they can't be stumbled upon and grabbed by someone else. Many of these goals are also heavily business or money oriented, but those are important issues in my life (and I imagine about everyone's) at this point, and achieving those goals also opens up a lot of other things. I can live in a safe neighborhood if I can afford the rent - and I've disarmed enough people with knives in the past to know I'm not quite as fast as I want to be, and I just don't want to deal with that kind of crap anymore. Also, if I have full time passive income, I can travel and spend money learning new skills and really enjoying a drifter's life the way I'd like to. Having the business do well enough to make a full time income would mean financial independence and having the joy of helping so many people. It's all related.

So anyway, I'm just going to toss out the list with minimum commentary and if anyone is fascinated, confused, or has a question, go ahead and mention it in the comments. Goals that are both bolded and italicized means the goal has already been done this year.

Goals/aims/etc for 2010:

  1. Lose 100 lbs from my heaviest weight
  2. Visit Utah
  3. Be a "Hero" for a day
  4. Visit friends in Oregon
  5. Write my mini-screen play (zombies in Fairbanks, AK)
  6. Really get Just Plain Wrong, LLC going
  7. Co-author screenplay with Tom
  8. Finish brand new novel
  9. Finish co-written novel
  10. Study Spanish to become conversationally fluent again
  11. Learn basic tourist French
  12. Write 10 zombie stories
  13. Fully revise My Brother's Keeper one more time to send out
  14. Get Truth Exposed Publishing, LLC to full time income
  15. Get 10 short stories published
  16. Get 5 poems published
  17. Get 5 essays published
  18. Visit Idaho
  19. Visit Montana
  20. Visit North Dakota
  21. Visit South Dakota
  22. Visit Wyoming
  23. Visit Louisiana
  24. Visit Mississippi
  25. Visit Alabama
  26. Visit Georgia
  27. Visit North Carolina
  28. Visit South Carolina
  29. Visit Hawaii
  30. Visit Delaware (you know, since supposedly it exists)
  31. Visit Massachusetts (sorry if I butchered the spelling)
  32. Expand my IMDB page
  33. Earn over $40k
  34. Pay off all credit cards
  35. Learn a new arts or crafts skill
  36. Double my bench press
  37. Develop my passive income to a full time level
  38. Write a weekly letter
  39. Watch 5 classic movies I've never seen
  40. Read 5 classic books I've never read
  41. Have 1st draft of "College" non-fiction book finished
  42. Establish myself as a copywriter
  43. Enter and place in a sit down (not online) poker tournament
  44. Write 300 additional pages of fiction
  45. Enter 20 writing contests
  46. Practice golf swing - couple of trips to the driving range after church
  47. Eat @ 20 new restaurants
  48. Really explore The Amana Colonies
  49. Save up enough to open a Roth IRA
  50. Get driver's license (stunned this has managed to slip through the cracks this long)
  51. Get a passport
  52. Visit foreign country
  53. Earn enough to enjoy a week vacation in Las Vegas
  54. Learn basic flair bartending
  55. Learn to box
  56. Visit 20 flea markets
  57. Get my wisdom teeth and infected molars removed
  58. Get my other teeth fixed
  59. Get those important eye tests done
  60. Read 20 novels off my "someday" list
  61. Get "Sports Haters" site started
  62. Try to average one blog post a week at Master Dayton writing blog
  63. Get 20 niche sites set up
  64. Learn a new fighting skill
  65. Find a shooting range
  66. Camp at least 1o nights this summer
  67. Meet with JT & Iver
  68. 4 weekend or local adventures
  69. Tithe regularly
  70. Get to 200 published HubPages hubs under Jerry G2 handle
  71. Get to 200 published Squidoo lenses
  72. Re-gain lost self-confidence
  73. Get $1,000 in a savings account
  74. Be into shape to run a 5k
  75. Be able to bike 30 miles in one sitting
  76. New wardrobe (I admit this is LONG overdue)
  77. Change somebody's life for the better
  78. Find something to volunteer for
  79. Spiritually feed myself daily
  80. Meet 5 famous people in person
  81. Visit 5 out of state friends
  82. Ski
  83. Fish
  84. 20 mile hike in 1 day
  85. Donate $500 to charity
  86. Donate $300 to Coe
  87. Write 200 new InfoBarrel articles
  88. Write fiction daily
  89. Try to average 2 blog posts a week on here (more of an accountability thing, the actual numbers are less important on this one)
  90. Learn to cook Chinese food
  91. Learn to cook Cajun
  92. Compete athletically in something
  93. Challenge myself to overcome a fear
  94. Re-capture that old flair
  95. Learn to sword fight
  96. Start YouTube sketch comedy show
  97. Write TC parodies - full scripts all episodes
  98. Read 5 biographies
  99. Start 10 niche blogs
  100. Develop PA strategy - ebook program to follow up
  101. Develop "secret project"
  102. Make functioning recliner out of cardboard and duck tape
  103. Improve throwing knife accuracy
  104. Pay Mike off completely
  105. Finish paying off medical bills (finally)
  106. Re-gain thorough lust for life
  107. Go to 4 concerts
  108. Take personal time daily
  109. Complete first full collection of poems
  110. Finish new novel idea, co-authoring with Tom (yes, that would make 3 new novels written in a year)
  111. Learn to say: "That's not an iguana! You dummy, you shot a coconut!" in 20 languages by Christmas.
  112. Forgive the last few people I've had a really hard time forgiving
  113. See the Atlantic Ocean again
  114. See the Pacific Ocean again
  115. Visit old friends & hang outs in Austin, Texas
  116. Blow up something
  117. Show some amateurs how you really build a bonfire
  118. Make my first mini-film
  119. Be somewhere interesting on New Year's Eve
  120. Open myself back up to take a chance dating or opening up to someone new
  121. Heal
  122. Build my Master Dayton blog to 100 search engine visitors/day
  123. See if I can actually get someone to call me Master Dayton. So far I've been laughed at a lot. I'm just saying if Ph.D's are doctors, shouldn't MFA's be masters?
  124. Go back to blowing past and destroying limits imposed on me instead of being held down by them.
  125. Take the time to take advantage of the random opportunities life throws at me
  126. Look back at 2010 and be completely and utterly amazed at the goodness and awesomeness of it all.
So that's it for now. There are 126 goals or whatever else you want to call them for 2010. It's a long list, but there are a lot of days in a year and in the end there is little worse (and more depressing) than a dull and boring life.

Thanks for reading, all, and hope you're having a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment